Sunday, September 29, 2013

(Almost) Recipe-Free Stir Fry

Hi all!
So this entry is basically recipe-less.  I took a look at everything from my share residing in my refrigerator and decided it was time to use my easy out and make a stir fry!  With one recipe I was able to use my bok choi, peppers and broccoli.  All  had to get at the store was a red onion and some chicken.

I say it was almost recipe free because although making a stir fry isn't complicated (even I can do that!) I had no idea how to actually prepare bok choi.  I had gotten it a few times in my share and had either given it away or sadly let it go to waste.  Now I could absolutely kick myself for not using it sooner.  Bok Choi is CRAZY GOOD.  Lesson learned!!!

I used this recipe to figure out how to cook the bok choi, but everything else I did on my own.  As the recipe mentions, I cooked the cubed chicken up in a skillet and cooked all the way through.  The recipe said to just add the bok choi and broccoli to the chicken in the pan, but there was a lot of juice in the pan and I didn't want to overcook the chicken so I put it in a bowl and set it aside while I cooked the bok choi and other veggies.

One the pan was empty, I added the bok choi and broccoli with a half cup of water, covered and let it cook.  As the bok choi was going, I took the pepper and red onion and sauteed them in another pan until they were cooked, but still had a little bit of crispness.



I added the peppers and onion to the cooked bok choi and broccoli and added some store bought teriyaki sauce and stirred them up.  I added the chicken in with the veggies and stirred some more until everything had sauce on it.

Then I put some white rice in a bowl, added the chicken and veggie mixture and viola - a delicious stir fry!


I got some more bok choi in a recent share and I can't wait to have this simple, yummy dish again!

          

No comments:

Post a Comment