Thursday, September 5, 2013

Weeks 12 + 13

Hi friends!  Sorry I've been missing in action lately.  I have been laptopless while I've been house sitting so I've neglected my Wednesday posts for week 11 & 12.  Before things get too backed up, I wanted to remedy the situation and introduce you to the newest additions to the Veggie People family.

Week 12 - Wednesday, August 28

The week 12 share was a little on the sparse side, but what was in the share was pretty great.  I don't really eat hot peppers, but I'm going to try to find a way to put them to good use.  I should also note that I put everything away in the refrigerator before I realized I never took a picture and had to take everything back out for the photo.  As a result, I forgot to take out a beautiful pint of orange cherry tomatoes.  So good.

The Week 12 share included:


  • Bell Peppers
  • Jalapeno Peppers 
  • Purple Beauty Peppers
  • Summer Squash
  • Sweet Corn 
  • Thai Basil
  • Tomatoes

Week 13 - Wednesday, September 4

We've officially hit my favorite part to the share year!  We were almost there last week, but with the addition of potatoes there is no doubt!

The Week 13 share included:
  • Eggplant
  • Lettuce
  • Mizuna
  • Red Potatoes
  • Sweet Corn
  • Swiss Chard
  • Thai Green Eggplant
  • Tomatoes
I had no idea what Thai Green Eggplants were until I got this share yesterday, but they're adorable.  I guess they are most commonly used in green curry.  Sadly, as adventurous as I've tried to be during the course of this blog, I don't really plan on making curry.  I'll be putting out some feelers to my foodie friends to see if anyone wants them.  According to what I've ready they're generally the size of a golf ball, but these we larger than that and I assume someone who knows what to do with them would be thrilled to have them.

Veggie People of the Week(s)

On Week 12, I got my first ears of corn for the season - one of my absolute favorite share items.  Nothing spells fall quite like farm fresh corn on the cob, which inspired me to create Calvin Corncob!

 



Of course for week 13 I couldn't help but use my new, weird veggie to create Tina and Ted Thai Eggplant.  They're supposed to be bride and groom, but a coworker thought she was a nun so I guess it wasn't my most well executed veggie creation of all time.  They're cute nonetheless, though.



 
             


No comments:

Post a Comment