Thursday, September 12, 2013

Roast ALL the Vegetables!

As I mentioned in my Wednesday post, I had made a great meal while I was house sitting last week that never made its way online.  I wanted to get that up here quickly this week so I could move on to my Eggplant Two Ways post in the next few days!

No real recipes to link to here.  I just kind of threw this meal together (so advanced, right!?).  I had sooooo many veggies at this point I just needed to find a way to cook them all up. I decided to make a simple  panko breaded pork chop and a whole bunch of roasted veggies.

I cut up carrots, patty pan squash, green and purple peppers, potatoes, and small heirloom tomatoes.  I tossed them all in some olive oil with some salt, pepper and parmesan cheese,  wrapped it all up in some aluminum foil, put it in a casserole dish and roasted them in the oven.  I had never roasted tomatoes like this before so I wasn't sure how it was going to come out.

I was also a little concerned with timing since I knew the potatoes would take a lot longer to cook then something thinner and less tough like the peppers.

By the time they were done everything looked, smelled and tasted AWESOME.  Most of the tomatoes had exploded, but that kind of worked in its favor.  The juice from the tomatoes added a lot of moisture and flavor to the rest of the veggies.  Yum!

Although the veggies are obviously the focal point of this blog, I would be remiss if I didn't mention how I cooked the pork chops.  Super simple.  First, I put some salt and cracked pepper on each side of the pork chop.  Then I got two bowls together, one with beaten egg and another with panko crumbs and some parmesan cheese mixed together.  I soaked the pork chop in the egg wash and then covered it with the panko/cheese mixture.  The chops went into a glass baking dish and cooked them at 450 degrees for about 25 minutes.


That was it!  The whole meal was really simple and tasty.  A good go-to meal when you need to use up a lot of veggies.

          

No comments:

Post a Comment